Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Quick Overview


This will be my first post on blogger; so I decided I would do an overview of the 18 years I've been here. I was born in LaCrosse, WI and I've stayed in this county my entire life; to be more specific I've been in the same house my whole life as well. I have an older brother John who is currently 26. My mom is the most amazing woman I know she is working at Creative Laminates as an Office Assistant. She is newly engaged to an interesting man. My mom and brother have been the most permanent and best two people in my life.


I went to the same elementary school all 6 years in Holmen. Needless to say that is when I began to really hate school. I'm not a fan of sitting around and listening to subjects I'm not interested in. I then went to middle school in Holmen for 3 years then thankfully made it to high school again in Holmen. I've been raised there my entire life; a small town life but with room to grow. I made many friends because most of us stayed in Holmen being raised; most I still have to this day.


My life has been an uphill battle but I'm lucky to have such wonderful people in my life. My parents separated when I was only in 2nd grade; the divorce was final once I was in 3rd grade. I was one of 5 children in my entire elementary school with divorced parents, which was difficult. I had joint custody and lived with both of them for an equal amount of time. A lot started to change though when my dad moved on and started dating. I no longer wanted to live with him. Eventually it was just my mom, my brother and I.

While in school I was starting to pick up hobbies and figuring out what wasn't for me. I enjoy writing, reading, photography, walking, listening, and of course as all kids would say having fun. I also learned I am just not meant for sports; I lack coordination and skill with almost every sport. Tennis and snowboarding are the only two that have continued to stick with me through the years.


I've had three friends who have stuck with me through thick and thin. I've known two since 7th grade, and the other since pre-school. These girls are my best friends through anything. We have all had our struggles in life and without them I'm not sure how I would have managed. We have our off days, sometimes weeks; but all in all I know that I always have them, no matter the time of day or the situation they will be there for me. We are all so different and maybe that's why we fit together so well. I'm not sure how to explain it, and I'm not even sure I understand it but we always work through any problem we're facing.


Currently I am a student at WTC. My major is ASLA; Associated Science and Liberal Arts. All in all I'm just focusing on generals here. My plan right now is to transfer next year to Winona State to start schooling in what I want to do with my life. My goal as of now is to become a counselor or psychiatrist of some sort. Basically if I'm helping people I will be happy with my career choice.
I'll be seeing you,
Manda

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on entering the world of blogging. It can really help clarify thoughts and feelings to see them written out. It is also a great place to vent...but be careful. Try not to hurt anyone or give anyone's secrets away.

    Do not be discouraged if no one ever comments. You have no idea who is checking in and whose life you may have affected.

    Be well and happy,
    Carol (Just surfing through)

    ReplyDelete