Thursday, December 3, 2009

Dinning Etiquette..From A Servers Point Of View

I recently began serving at Ciatti's where I've held a job for about a year and a half. When I hosted there all the servers would complain to me about the crappy people they would have to serve on whether they were picky or bad tipers, I heard a number of complaints. I always thought they were over exaggerating and being ridiculous, turns out I was wrong. I understand when people eat out they expect to get exceptional service and I totally agree with them but that doesn't give people the right to be rude, over needy, or stingy with tipping. I'm fed up with people and maybe it's because I'm working too much but regaurdless I think people are taking advantage of servers. There are many points I have to make about being polite when you are dinning out. First of all if you already know you are picky maybe make a joke to lighten the mood and even say flat out that you tend to be kind of picky, it really would help. Another thing, if you are needy and constantly think of things you want, maybe wait till you've got about four or five things thought up and then let the server know so they aren't running back and forth back and forth and so on. Also, if you have a drink that requires special making do not speak super fast and assume I know exactly what you said. If you want a brandi up with sweet a tad bit sour an olive a splash of sprite and on the rocks say it sloooower so I don't mess up! But my biggest pet peave of them all is the tipping in this world, 10% is not acceptable! Unless of course the service was poor. 15 can be acceptable if there are no bar sales, but really 20 is the new 10. It is soo aggrivating to wait on someone hand and foot and do everything for them and then they only leave you two bucks, it's simply a slap in the face. It's just common curtosy, we are serving to you so be understanding. I promise things will work better.

Well I love the snow, I simply am at peace.

I'll be seeing you,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment