Thursday, December 10, 2009

Oh to be a kid again..

I love winter. I love being a kid again. Tuesday night the snow started falling and I was itching to go outside! So we got some friends together to go sledding. Now normally sledding wouldn't be so exciting but we have a different version of sledding. Tyler and his family have a suberban, we hooked up two ropes to it for saucers, and then a regular sled was connected to it as well. Three of us hopped on the sleds and took off with the suberban pulling us. Of course Tyler's little and crazy brother was driving so it wasn't just a simple ride behind it, we were flying around corners, swerving, and almost running into multiple objects. I never get the chance to let loose and be a kid again these days so it was needed! I was the only girl and that helped me to not be a chicken about anything! There were multiple times where I almost slammed into signs or the suberban itself, and there were too many times where I got slammed into the other person next to me. But all in all my night before the snow day was amazing! I know it's illegal but when you live in a small town stuff like that must happen. After we went sledding for about two hours we went back to Tyler and Sean's and changed out of our soaking wet clothes. Some more people came over and we decided the adventure just couldn't end, especially because we found out all schools were cancelled for the next day! So we bundled up again and walked across town to a main road where we were going to throw snow balls at cars. It was the longest walk of my entire life, first off I could barely move because I had so many clothes on, second my boots were too big, and none of the roads were plowed. But the guys made it fun. So we started making snow balls and there were hardly any cars that went by, but we got a couple. Then we threw some at this all silver, tinted windows, and lowered car; he stopped his car and got out! Three of the guys took off, but of course Tyler, Sean and myself stood up to the guy and that probably wasn't the best idea. He called the cops and we spent an hour hiding from the local sheriff. We then split into twos and decided to head home. We met up at the gas station in town and walked back together. We were all exhausted after the long walk/run. Tyler and Sean's dad decided everyone was going to stay over because no one was going to make it up their drive way. So we all headed down stairs and watched family guy and passed out. When I woke up the next morning I couldn't even see my car! It was totally covered! But thankfully the guys dug me out. All in all, I just down right love winter. I hope we get more snow soon!

I'll be seeing you,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. ha ha wow it sounds like you did have a lot of fun! Me and my brother usually do about the same kind of sledding only we use snowmobiles and go across our huge flat! It is indeed a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete